Google Crome download For best Browsing

Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2009

Special Interview with Allu Arjun



Special Interview with Allu Arjun


Popularly known as Bunny, Yes! Allu Arjun the live- wire lad gets candid with Deccan Post about his studies, uncle, acting, dream role and future projects...

Bunny is indeed an apt name for someone who is the apple of the eye, center of attention and bubbling with energy. One doesn’t need any introduction to the energetic, livewire performer Allu Arjun. A school going kid would heroworship him, youth simply follow his style, girls swoon and mothers look up to him fondly as they would do to their son. It isn’t really difficult for Bunny to become a part of your family or you with such infectious energy levels. It’s pleasantly surprising to see this star in a simple attire and simpler attitude he wears! He laughs, he blushes, he whines (when you talk of studies) and he gets excited with parties and at the thought of holidays, he listens to you like an obedient school boy, he hangs his head when his mom accuses him about keeping his room unkept…. So many natural facets to one natural actor? Yes, Possible… read on… Were you an academically oriented kid? (Whines and laughs out loud) We started with a wrong question mam! My mom says if Goddess Saraswathi looks at my report card, she would forsake her Veena and knowledge! Jokes apart, I spent the first Eighteen years of my life at Chennai. I went to a very good school that taught me discipline. I wasn’t good at studies, but that is not necessarily the reason why I turned to acting. Subjects like Math and Hindi terrified me whilst French and English fascinated me. I was with Alliance De France for 6 years.

When did you discover that you could act?

I am yet to! I wanted to pursue animation in 2001-02 when I even got an overseas chance. Career choice was a tough thing for me as I wanted to pursue animation. Looking ahead (7 years ago) told me that it would take a lot of struggle and time to make a career in this field in India. Under no circumstances did I want to leave India. Me entering films was a showed a positive future as I already had a strong base laid by my uncle Chiranjeevi garu. I went to acting school at Mumbai. This was when I realized I could emote and carry off any emotion with aplomb. Till then I was just a movie maniac. I gradually metamorphosed into an actor after which Gangotri followed.

What is the bench mark of an actor?

Being able to carry off humour is the first criterion of an actor according to me. Comic roles shouldn’t be viewed as something that can be done easily. Personally I am a happy go lucky person by nature and essaying humorous roles are just an extension of my personality.

What’s the secret behind your immense, palpable energy?

No education is THE secret! Truly, I cannot see myself as anything other than an actor since this the only thing I can do, obviously I will be giving all what I have, not just my best! Apart from this I am a gymnast, I love to dance and cannot sit at a place!

What is your latest venture? When is it slated for release?

I am doing Arya 2, a sequel to Arya. It has new cast. I am with Kajol and Shraddha Das. Its release would be based on Charan’s movie. Since he’s my cousin, we have that understanding. We would have a minimum of 3 month’s gap between our films’ release.

Is the going tough? Do you see each other as competitors?

Certainly not, in fact it’s an easy going as we keep advising and guiding each other constantly.

What’s your dream role?

It keeps changing every time. I want to be Brahmanandam sir when I see Kshemanga Velli Laabhamga Randi; I want to be a Denzel Washington when I watch him. Everything is seasonal with me. But I would like to tell you that at a deeper level there are a few actors whom I always admire, they remain forever, like my uncle, Hollywood’s Arnold Schwarzenegger etc.

So among your favourites there seem to be ‘constants’ and ‘variables’?

Absolutely. I like that! The constants as I just told you are like Sachin Tendulkar in cricket. Many may come and go, but he will be there ever after, like the angels in the fairy tales. When it comes to movies I can’t see any body else at the altar other than my uncle. Coming to my contemporaries, I have seen Maska and I think Ram has done a fabulous job! Gamyam, Yuvatha etc are all excellent films too.

Are you a spiritual person?

I know spirituality can influence me, hence I prefer to stay away! (He gives a bear hug to his mom who just walks in and says “She is my spiritual strength!”) What are your future plans?

I am looking at different ventures like business as life is not all about Cinema. There is more to life other than acting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment